Devil Daggers Asset Editor is a tool that can be used to extract assets from the Devil Daggers resource files, as well as compressing them back to create mods.
Current version: 0.7.12.0
Oldest supported version: 0.7.5.0
File size: 2815 KB
- Microsoft Windows (64-bit)
- .NET Framework 4.6.1
- Download the zip file.
- Unzip its contents.
- Run DevilDaggersAssetEditor.exe inside the folder.
The source code can be found on GitHub.
0.7.12.0 - November 30, 2019
- Improved model extraction to be more compatible with 3D modelling software.
- Fixed model compression crash that occurred when compressing a model with more texture coordinates or more vertex normals than geometric vertices.
- Saving mod files now produces indented JSON.
0.7.8.0 - November 26, 2019
- Improved model parsing so compressing .obj files exported from 3D modelling software is supported.
- Fixed audio description for daggerseek.
- Added tooltips for audio preview buttons.
0.7.5.1 - November 18, 2019
- Updated source code URL.
0.7.5.0 - November 03, 2019
- Implemented shader, model (limited), and texture compression. Features such as compressing and using mod files for "dd" and "core" are now available and functional. Note that the editor path for shaders can be misleading. For instance when it says the path is "..boid.glsl", it actually points to the files "..boid_fragment.glsl" and "..boid_vertex.glsl". Also note that .obj parsing (model format) is still limited and might not work depending on what kind of .obj file you're trying to compress. Compressing the original models, or files in an identical .obj format, works, thus you can successfully swap the original models.
- Implemented audio player with the ability to pitch shift audio real-time.
- Implemented texture, shader, model binding, and particle previewers. A model previewer has not yet been implemented.
- Added Changelog window.
- Fixed the Update Recommended window not closing after clicking the download button.
- Small changes related to maintenance of the website, as well as code refactoring and improvements.
- Removed functionality for compatibility with version 0.2.0.0.
- Many bug fixes, layout improvements, and stability improvements.
0.3.3.0 - September 23, 2019
- Created progress bar for lengthy tasks such as compressing and extracting.
- Many bug fixes.
- Improved audio descriptions.
0.3.0.0 - September 21, 2019
- Implemented particle extraction, compression, and mod files. The particle files are in binary, so there is not much to mod until I figure out what the bytes mean, but you can switch particles and replace them with others.
- Implemented functionality to specify whether or not to use relative paths in mod files.
- Added user settings to specify Devil Daggers root folder, mods root folder, and assets root folder.
- Improve initial directories for file and folder dialogs.
- Small bug and crash fixes.
- The mod file format has been changed, and mod files created using version 0.2.0.0 will no longer open. You'll need to convert these by navigating to Compatibility > Convert 0.2.0.0 mod file format and select your mod file.
0.2.0.0 - September 19, 2019
- Loudness is now exported as a .ini file rather than a .wav file.
- Added functionality to export the current loudness values.
- Added ability to save and open "mod" files (".audio" extension for audio mods) which are files containing the asset paths and loudness values. This removes the need to import/export loudness values when closing the application and is way more convenient than having to extract and compress huge files every time as well. Note that the "mod" files only contain local paths, so sharing them will not work.
- Fixed not being able to type decimal values in the loudness fields.
- Added support to automatically check for new versions of the program.
- Added icon.
- Added About window and other menu items.
- Added logging.
- Added description for audio assets (WIP).
- Many GUI and code improvements.
0.1.0.0 - September 11, 2019
- Initial release.